Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumKlotzen: General DiscussionFor new members
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

For new members

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I don't mind the wait.  Just wanted to make sure I knew the schedule.  Glad to hear work is picking up.

fastheinz has reacted to this post.
fastheinz

I am looking forward to this game. I played all the general games, Steel Panthers by Gary Grigsby (Steel Panthers World at War is a free windows version of the original DOS game that I still play made by the community), I play Panzer Corps and of course Order of Battle and all its dlc.

I am 54, my family is military. My father and uncles fought in WWII. My father lying about his age went into the military on his 14th birthday. My uncles fought in both the Pacific and in Europe. I lost one uncle in Italy, one uncle near Bastogne. I lost one in the initial invasion of Guadalcanal and another at Tarawa. 3 uncles survived and or course my father. My father went on to fight in Korea and in Viet Nam. I was in the Air Force and never saw combat. I am disabled and spend my time reading and playing games. I worked at one time for Battlefront games proofreading rule books and scenario books for the Flames of War tabletop world war two game.

I look forward to this game. If you need help testing let me know. Or even proofreading different variations of the English language. I also vote for Guderian; instead of Klotzen. 🙂

For the flames of war books and scenario soft cover books I had to make sure the English was accurate for all the different varations of English. New Zealand, Australian, South African, Indian, British, Canadian, American and even the Chinese version of English (300 million+ Chinese speak English) so it was fun proofreading the rules with multiple apps open per language to make sure each variation of the rules meant exactly the same thing. It was a labor of love. I was basically paid in miniatures.

After becoming disabled (back) I currently cannot play as much tabletop as I used to so PC is a goto now.

Chris

If you need beta testers I will help. I will still buy the game too. 🙂

Quote from wwiiogre on July 29, 2018, 10:47 pm

I am looking forward to this game. I played all the general games, Steel Panthers by Gary Grigsby (Steel Panthers World at War is a free windows version of the original DOS game that I still play made by the community), I play Panzer Corps and of course Order of Battle and all its dlc.

I am 54, my family is military. My father and uncles fought in WWII. My father lying about his age went into the military on his 14th birthday. My uncles fought in both the Pacific and in Europe. I lost one uncle in Italy, one uncle near Bastogne. I lost one in the initial invasion of Guadalcanal and another at Tarawa. 3 uncles survived and or course my father. My father went on to fight in Korea and in Viet Nam. I was in the Air Force and never saw combat. I am disabled and spend my time reading and playing games. I worked at one time for Battlefront games proofreading rule books and scenario books for the Flames of War tabletop world war two game.

I look forward to this game. If you need help testing let me know. Or even proofreading different variations of the English language. I also vote for Guderian; instead of Klotzen. 🙂

For the flames of war books and scenario soft cover books I had to make sure the English was accurate for all the different varations of English. New Zealand, Australian, South African, Indian, British, Canadian, American and even the Chinese version of English (300 million+ Chinese speak English) so it was fun proofreading the rules with multiple apps open per language to make sure each variation of the rules meant exactly the same thing. It was a labor of love. I was basically paid in miniatures.

After becoming disabled (back) I currently cannot play as much tabletop as I used to so PC is a goto now.

Chris

If you need beta testers I will help. I will still buy the game too. 🙂

Hi Chris and thanks for sharing!

I am sorry to hear about your back, and seriously hope medicine will find a way to help. Crazy things are happening and I am pretty sure we will live to see that day.

I thought Saving Private Ryan was an extreme case, obviously not. Four borthers. So very sad. I have only one and I can't imagine how I would feel.

I would really like to hear some stories about your time - as you can see, I am a sucker for Top Gun. It's Navy of course, but still. Did some flying with gliders and paragliders but don't have time anymore.

As for the beta testing, I will definitely hold you to that. We are preparing - FINALLY - to start alpha testing so beta could be around the corner. And buahhaaa :((:(( nobody likes the name Klotzen :(( :((.

wwiiogre has reacted to this post.
wwiiogre
PreviousPage 2 of 2